What does IBEW Local No. 5 Federal Credit Union do with your personal information?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing, Federal law requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal Information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us.
This information can include:
- Social Security number and account balances
- Account transactions
- Payment history and transaction or loss history
- When you are no longer our member, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share members’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their members’ personal Information; the reasons IBEW Local 5 Federal Credit Union chooses to share; and whether you can limit sharing.
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does IBEW Local 5 FCU Share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes – Such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or to report to credit bureaus||yes||no|
|For our marketing purposes – To offer our products and services||yes||no|
|For joint marketin1with other financial companies||yes||no|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your transactions and experiences||no||We don’t share|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – Information about your creditworthiness||no||We don’t share|
|For our affiliates’ to market to you||no||We don’t share|
|For non affiliates’ to market to you||no||We don’t share|
|What We Do?|
|How does IBEW Local 5 FCU protect my personal information?||To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with the federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.|
|How does IBEW Local 5 FCU collect my personal information?||We collect your information, for example, when you
– open an account or apply for a loan
– provide employment information or give us your contact information
– show your driver’s license
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
|Why can’t I limit all sharing?||Federal law gives you the right to limit only
– sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes information about your creditworthiness
– affiliates from using your information to market to you
– sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State law and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing
|Affiliates||Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies – IBEW Local 5 FCU has no affiliates|
|Nonaffillates||Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial.
– Nonaffiliates we share with can include companies, government agencies, financial statement publishers or printers, mailhouse, consumer reporting agencies and data processors.
|Joint Marketing||A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
– our joint marketing partners include CUNA Mutual Group’s Memberconnect